Cologne-born Cellist Verena Sennekamp, lauded for her “miraculous effortlessness” and “inspiring interpretation” regularly appears as soloist and chamber musician in Europe and abroad. She has appeared at major venues like the Carnegie Hall, the Philharmonie Cologne, the Tonhalle Düsseldorf and the Victoria Hall Geneva. 2019/20 performances will include performances of Beethoven Triple Concerto as well as recitals in Austria, Rumania, the Unites States, Germany and Norway.
Verena Sennekamp is a laureate of the New England Chamber Music Competition and has been awarded with the European Regio Culture Initiative Prize. She has appeared at International Music Festivals such as Norfolk Chamber Music Festival, Banff, Manchester Summer Chamber Music, Mendelssohn Musiktage Krakau, D’Accord Klassikfestival and Gstaad New Year’s Festival. Ms. Sennekamp has frequently been invited to perform for the German Embassy and the Goethe-Institut. Concert tours included El Salvador, Bulgaria, Poland, Switzerland, Japan, The Philippines and Indonesia.
Verena Sennekamp is a dedicated performer of contemporary music. She is founding member of Trio Chambre d’écoute with whom she regularly appears at New Music Festivals and concert series, collaborating closely with composers and other experimental instrumentalists.
A graduate of the Hochschule für Musik Karlsruhe, the Amsterdam Conservatory and the Yale School of Music, her principal teachers included Aldo Parisot, Dmitri Ferschtman, Anne Speermann and Barbara Varsanyi. Further important impulses and inspiration came from Mario Brunello, Anner Bylsma, Steven Doane, Ralph Kirshbaum and Phillipe Muller.
In 2012 Ms. Sennekamp was named Artistic Director of the Nonnenwerther Inselkonzerte, a concert series on the beautiful Nonnenwerth Island in the Rhine river near Bonn.
Her recordings have been released at the German audiophile label Dreyer & Gaido.
In recent years Verena Sennekamp has become increasingly interested in teaching. While serving as a Teaching Assistant to Aldo Parisot at Yale School of Music she found herself intrigued in the musical, technical and human aspects of working with students on a professional level. In 2013 Ms. Sennekamp joined the faculty of the 'Berufsfachschule für Musik in Dinkelsbühl/Bavaria'.
She has given Masterclasses in Italy, Indonesia, San Salvador and the Philippines. In 2019 Verena Sennekamp became a faculty member of Academia Sighisoara in Rumania.
Upcoming Teaching Events
- Wed, Jun 14DinkelsbühlJun 14, 9:00 AM – Jun 15, 6:00 PMDinkelsbühl, Klostergasse 1, 91550 Dinkelsbühl, Germany
- Sat, Mar 18Berufsfachschule für MusikMar 18, 10:00 AM – Mar 19, 10:00 AMBerufsfachschule für Musik, Klostergasse 1, 91550 Dinkelsbühl, DeutschlandMar 18, 10:00 AM – Mar 19, 10:00 AMBerufsfachschule für Musik, Klostergasse 1, 91550 Dinkelsbühl, DeutschlandWir dürfen die Türen wieder für Gäste öffnen! Schaut vorbei in unserem wunderschönen Klostergebäude im malerischen Dinkelsbühl, melde Dich für eine Probestunde an und treffe Dich mit Studenten und Dozenten.
- Sun, Mar 12DinkelsbühlMar 12, 8:00 PMDinkelsbühl, Nördlinger Str. 2, 91550 Dinkelsbühl, Deutschland
- Mon, Jan 23MarktoberdorfJan 23, 8:00 AM – Jan 27, 12:00 PMMarktoberdorf, Kurfürstenstraße 19, 87616 Marktoberdorf, Deutschland
- Thu, Dec 22DinkelsbühlDec 22, 2022, 7:00 PMDinkelsbühl, Segringen 1, 91550 Dinkelsbühl, Deutschland